The Wisdom Buddha Protector of Je Tsongkhapa's Tradition
Support from Indian police
April 3, 2008
The meeting was convened by the Indian Deputy Commissioner, Additional Commissioner and so on in Sera monastery, South India. The meeting was attended by abbots, administrators, representatives of Pomra, representative of the Dalai Lama in Tibetan settlement,
The deputy commissioner gave three demands:
1 You had better hold spiritual activities together, as you used to.
2 If it is not possible, then one party should hold prayers and so on first, and other party do so next.
3 Even these two demands could not be met, then the case will be filed to close the monastery.
The attended Sera-Jay monks suggested expelling and putting Shugden monks in other place. The police said: "According to your point view, we should single out Muslim from Hindu community and Hindu from Muslim community. This is not possible. The so-called referendum is nonsense. You are saying they have only 200 monks. If they have 200, or 500, or 10, Indian government supports those who have truth."
The high-leveled polices gave 24 hours to make a decision. The dateline expires at 3 pm, April 4, 2008.
Follow the story of the Dalai Lama's 30-year political campaign to destroy a centuries-old spiritual tradition taught to him by his own Spiritual Guide, and the efforts of those he's hurting to stop him:
- What is happening
- What is the Western Shugden Society (WSS)?
- Detailed reports of discrimination from inside India and elsewhere
The Dalai Lama's position
- A Great Deception
- Praise to Wisdom Buddha Dorje Shugden by the Dalai Lama
- In the Dalai Lama's words
Why is this happening?
- Why is this religious suppression taking place?
- Are the Dalai Lama's reasons valid?
Efforts to restore religious freedom
- Geshe Kelsang's open letter
- The ban is illegal and unconstitutional
- Press reports and videos
- Dorje Shugden Devotee's Charitable and Religious Society
- Dalai Lama sued for repressing religious freedom
- A conflict with a solution
- Announcement from Serpom Norling Monastery
Analysis of situation
- Can the Dalai Lama ever make a mistake?
- Is the Dalai Lama the only spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism?
- Theocracy or democracy?
- Spirit worship or authentic Buddhist practice?
- Freedom of worship
- The Dalai Lama's justifications
- Analysis by Dalai Lama's translator (PDF)
- What would Thomas Jefferson think of the 14th Dalai Lama?
- Book Reviews
Evidence and first-hand accounts
- Chronological background
- Discord in exile documentary
- Political motivations for the ban
- Summary to date from Tibetan exiles
Ongoing persecution 2008-2010
- Recent vote sticks and call for help
- Forced signature and ID card campaign
- Persecution of monks at Sera Monasteries
- Public humiliation and explusion of monks
- Letter to Indian Prime Minister regarding abuses
- Letters from Dorje Shugden Devotees
- Urgent appeal from Sera Monasteries
- Support from Indian police
- Western Shugden Society letter to Sera monasteries
- Western Shugden Society letter to TGIE
- Heartfelt request from monks in Mundgod
- More discrimination planned around the world
- Letter from an FPMT monk
- What you can do